#1 Expert
#1 Expert , Handyman
Experience:  Handyman 40+ years - Gardener for 50+ years - Homeowner 40+ years - Internet Researcher
1146604

how do I make my furnace blower run to circulate the air in ...

Customer Question

how do I make my furnace blower run to circulate the air in the house without the burner coming on?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  #1 Expert replied 10 years ago.
That would be dependent on the make and model of your furnace.

Normally a furnace only, does not have this option, since the thermostat in the furnace detects the temperature of the fire box inside the furnace, and turns the blower on.

This process can be modified, but I would suggest it only be done by a qualified person, that has the knowledge, tools and parts to do the job correctly.

If the furnace is a combination central air and furnace, normally the thermostat on the wall will have a switch showing, continuous which if selected will allow the fan to run all the time.

If you need additional information, please let me know.