Christina Anderson
Christina Anderson , Internet Researcher
Experience:  Internet Researcher
67322

How to bid the labor cost to build a house deck?

Customer Question

How to bid the labor cost to build a house deck? What is the average price per sq foot to build a deck?

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Christina Anderson replied 10 years ago.

Hello There,

Since so many factors go into building a deck, I found a get Online Deck Cost Calculator fpr you to use.

Cheers!

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Christina Anderson's Post: We are a small home improvement company and we are licensed and bonded. But, have never just done bids for porches.. We have always done the framing etc for houses and garages. We don't want to bid to low and hurt us. We have done this with the other work, so we don't want to make the same mistake. We are trying to figure out how to bid just the labor cost. They are supplying the materials.

Go to the URL that I just gave you and scroll down to about the middle of the page.

http://www.vadeck.com/deck-cost-calculator.htm

Then determine what the size of the deck will be in the example it gives

1. 500 square feet.
  2. Then put the height of the stairs in inches
  3. Last, put the number of landings (4 x 4)
  4. Finally it will give you an estimated cost in the column that says: Labor to Build Deck Completely.On the first left hand column go by the type of material you will be using and it will give you an estimate on how to charge per square foot for labor. That is why I gave you a link to that site, so you don’t always have to come to me for each and every project.You have a tool that you can figure this out on your own.To see if your prices are the same or below your competition, just call them and ask.I would not worry too much about beating the competition, unless you are just getting started in this area. People like good customer service like I am doing for you right now.Follow up and check up on your customers like I did with you and your prices can be higher than what other businesses charge because people love to be taken care of.

Cheers!