Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am very scared i think i have contracted hiv but im

Customer Question

I am very scared i think i have contracted hiv but im confused because my boyfriend has tested negative 3 times i have all these symptoms a week after we had sex swollen glands scratchy throat and runny nose i panic because I have an HIV phobia he keeps telling me he doesn't have anything and he has even taking test to prove it but why do i have what seems to be ARS SYMPTOMS PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS i think you need my email if here it is***@******.*** please answer im going crazy
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Why was your boyfriend tested?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I asked him to i just wanted to be sure of his status he has been tested 3 times in the last 5 months of us being together and all test are negative but they are all oral swab test could it be they're not picking up the antibodies

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

After 3 months this test is very accurate when done as instructed, and you can rely and trust the results. They will detect infection when present. So, your boyfriend is not infected with HIV.

Take care.

Please reply if you have any additional questions, or if you did not understand any part of my answer.
Was your question answered, and was this helpful?

Dear customer,

Did I miss any part of your question, or was your question satisfactorily answered?

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Thank you.