tazechip
tazechip, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I'm 27 years old. I've only had two partners in my entire

Customer Question

Hello. My name is*****'m Hispanic, and I'm 27 years old. I've only had two sexual partners in my entire life. I haven't been sexually active for over two years. Neither of them have HIV or any other STD, because I've got tested yesterday and the results were negative. Besides, we never had unprotected sex. So here is my question... prior to testing, I performed oral sex on a coworker. He didn't ejaculate in my mouth, and I don't recall having sores on my mouth or cuts. There was deep kissing, and I don't recall tasting blood on my mouth nor his. I read about HIV routes on various websites, but the information is just confusing. One of them says, performing oral sex is low risk when it comes to HIV infection. Other says is very high risk if the giving partner has bleeding gums on their mouths, cuts, ulcers, etc... because the semen fluid can get into the crevices. Well, the following week I caught a cold and I've got a few sores on the roof of my mouth. We decided to give it another go, but since I was worried, I made him put on a condom while I performed oral sex on him. We did some passionate kissing, and I didn't taste blood on my mouth nor his. The condom stayed on the entire time I was giving him "head". A day later I've got tested. Should I be worried? or am I just overreacting? He's going to get tested in a week. Is oral sex at low risk or high risk? Should I get tested again in three months just in case? I'd appreciate your help, and knowledge on this private matter of mine. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

Hello Enriqueta I'm Dr Chip

Bot***** *****ne here--there is a very very small chance of contracting HIV through oral sex

So there's every reason to think you are HIV negative, but your recent tests wouldn't have covered the episode before you were tested

So you need retesting in three months to confirm that you are truly HIV negative

Please let me know if you need any more information