tazechip
tazechip, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am confused and am looking to speak to someone who could

Customer Question

I am confused and am looking to speak to someone who could help walk me through my situation. I was concerned of a possible hiv exposure which I followed up with a 4th generation test at 87 days post that was negative, a rna negative result at 91 days, and another 4th generation test at 96 days also negative. I am concerned that these may not be conclusive and I am looking to start a new relationship and want to make sure I am hiv free. I have done a lot of research on line and feel I am confused and my anxiety has taken over. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks and happy new year.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? Thanks. Same to you!
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Can I first ask what your confusion is about?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anxiety I guess concerned that I don't want to have anything wrong with me and then pass along to someone else. Had unprotected sex one night stand which is outside my normal.
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 month ago.

OK--just wanted to check

Nothing to worry about here

Your tests--especially the one at 96 days--are conclusive and you don't have HIV

Please let me know if you need any more information