Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I recently had protected sex with a sex worker. however

Customer Question

hello. I recently had protected sex with a sex worker. however before protected sex, i did a little rubbing with my penis on her genitals without protection (never insertive sex without protection), but my unprotected tip may have touched or rubbed her genitals. Then, i realized she was just starting her period and perhaps she had a little blood on her genitals but not sure. Am I at any risk here?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 23 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you have concerns regarding sexually transmitted infections. From your description you have nothing to worry about. When you say "recently" how many days is that? If you were to get anything from this encounter, you would have symptoms of Gonorrhea in 3-4 days, Herpes in 10 days, but she would have had either blisters or tingling pain at the time. HIV, since there was no insertion except with protection, this is almost 0% chance. Syphilis, Chlamydia usually 5-7 days, but again no unprotected insertion, so almost 0% chance.

I don't think you have any reason to be concerned.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 21 days ago.

How are you feeling?