Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

A month and a half ago 6 weeks or so, I received oral from

Customer Question

A month and a half ago 6 weeks or so, I received oral from a prostitute , and I had chaffing on my penis, I believe after searching online for symptoms all hell broke lose, I started to have the neuro symptoms in my legs , and I had an outbreak of pimples on my butt, I went straight to the dr who looked at it with magnifying light , and said it was folliculitus, not too long after that I had a lesion come about on my thigh and had it swabbed , came back negative , oh yeah I did catch an NGU from the exposure, and was treated, I'm constantly having weird sensations in my thighs and legs and groin area and I had igg testing Monday and it came back negative for hsv 1 and 2 but I know these results mean nothing from reading on the Internet, but my dr said a gold percentage of people will test positive by that time so idk, I can't eat , I can't sleep without medication, I'm afraid to have sex with my gf, I really wanted children with her one day:( please any professional advice?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having anxiety with a possible STD. You mention that you were tested for Herpes and it was negative. Herpes can be transmitted by oral sex, but HIV can not. Did you have intercourse? If so, you need to have HIV testing, now and again at 12 weeks after exposure. The fact that you did not "break out" with blisters, rash and pain, basically eliminates your having herpes from your encounter. You should be careful and use a condom, but do not be afraid of having relations with your girlfriend. The chances of you having a STD are very slim from your statements. I would suggest you have the HIV testing soon.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I didn't have intercourse, I'm only concerned about herpes I had an hiv test that was negative as well, the girl didn't have any cold sores on her mouth either does that make herpes any less likely?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Herpes incubation can be as short as one day or up to 26 days. Since you have tested negative 6 weeks after your exposure, I feel confident that you don't have herpes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was about 5 1/2 weeks and I will rate you dr I'm sorry for all the questions , And why do some people say 4 months? And some say 4-6 weeks?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

I base my incubation period on information from Pathology Journals which I find to be the most accurate.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do you advise I do from here Dr?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Since you had no intercourse, no HIV testing is needed. For mental relief, you can be re-tested for herpes in another 2-3 weeks. When that comes back negative, forget the whole experience. In the meantime, use a condom.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Use a condom so I won't pass anything to my gf?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does the lack of oral sores on the girl make infection any less possible?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Yes, use a condom so you can't pass anything to your girlfriend (But I don't think you have anything now. This is to make you more at ease.)

No, the lack of oral sores just indicates she had no current active disease. But, if she did have herpes, she could still transmit it even without active sores. BUT, you tested negative, so your chances of having herpes are almost 100% that you do not have herpes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok:(
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Don't let your anxiety overcome you. You will test negative for herpes when you repeat the test.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What makes you so confident that I will test negative, and she would have to be shedding then? If no active outbreak correct?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

That is correct, she would need to be shedding cells containing the virus to give it to you. What makes me feel confident is that you had a negative IgG test (98% accurate) which measures acute disease.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My last question? Can you explain that to me? I don't really understand the test especially given at only 5 1/2 weeks after exposure , but I will add that when I read about people testing positive a lot of them do at around that time,
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

The IgG test measures antibodies that are found for illnesses that are present in the body for a short period of time , 10 days to 2 months usually. IgM measures chronic disease, usually 4-6 months duration. This is one way that as a doctor we can differentiate acute vs. chronic disorders.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Whoops, in my desire to quickly answer your question, I reversed IgG and IgM. Since your IgG test was negative that would indicate you do not have any antibodies to the herpes virus indicating you have had no exposure and do not have the disease. IgM is used to evaluate for acute disease and is tested at the same time as IgG. Since you were reported as negative for herpes, you did not get the disease from your sexual encounter 51/2-6 weeks ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm very confused ?,,, I'm sorry!
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

It can be confusing. The test you had for herpes was negative at 5 1/2 weeks after exposure. This test measures antibodies produced by your body to fight any disease, whether it is bacterial or viral. Having antibodies indicates if you have a particular disease, in this case herpes. Your test was negative indicating that you were not exposed to herpes. This is why I said I was confident that you did not get herpes from that encounter. I hope I cleared up any confusion for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, so I can't try for children with my girlfriend, I suppose , and I'll need another test at 3 months ,? Idk if I can go through the mental hell again,
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

There is no reason to think that you have herpes. You can try for children. The only reason for repeating the test, is for your mental stability and reassurance that you are disease free. I don't think you have herpes, so if you accept my diagnosis, there is no reason to repeat the test.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
None of my Drs seem to think I acquired hsv 1, and if you had to make a hypothesis in percentage how accurate is the igg herpes test at 5 and half weeks?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

The test is 98% accurate. I agree with your doctors, you do not have herpes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I send an image of some of the lesions I've had ? And one that I have right now ?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

yes, please do send pictures.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All of these were examined by drs and the one that looks like an open crater was swabbed , the dark one on my thigh is one I have right now , my penis head seemed to have herpetic lesions and in the crease of my thigh , I never felt and pain or itch and the seemed to be pimple but kind of flaked over in a short amount of time
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

infected hair follicle and circled area probably a skin tag which is benign and normal.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My last question I promise, if
You were me what would you do at this time?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

I would continue to live my life as if this never happened.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

I am disappointed that you did not provide a positive rating for my responses.