Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine

26 y.o female here. Had unprotected sex with male of unknown

Customer Question

Hello, 26 y.o female here.
Had unprotected sex with male of unknown std's status on July 16th while I was on my period.
3 weeks after that I get cold sore flares, swollen lymph nodes, fever, nightsweat and myalgias, dry mouth, skin itchiness, headache and diarrhea.
At 4week I get a rapid Elisa test plus STD syphilis, Gomorrahea, chlamydia (negative)
At 5 week I get 4th generation Elisa and HIV 1-RNA and came back negative.
At 6 week I get oral quick at home kit- negative and another Elisa (not sure what generation) also came back negative.
At 7 week I get another STD round with ab/ag test (4th generation Elisa?) all negative.
After this 7th week, I developed a vaginal yeast infection and I've been experiencing recurring colds/sore throat, and lots of muscle twitching around face, legs, and back and also lots of gas.
Had a round of antifungal to help with the yeast overgrowth and it doesn't seem to go away.
I've been very anxious and Idk what's going on with me. The guy refuses to talk to me and claims he's clean and refuses to reassure me of test results on his behalf.
I've been feeling unwell for the past two months since that encounter. Please help.. idk what's going on with me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. The negative STD work ups are very reassuring. Next time, I would ask your doctor to check you for hepatitis B and C as well (HBsAg and anti-HCV). In addition, you should be checked for diabetes, if this has not been done, as it can cause recurrent yeast infections along with many other symptoms. Also, the 12-week mark is a good time to recheck for HIV, as a small percentage of persons don't develop antibodies to it right away.