Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Did not realise the guy had anal warts until I felt it. Will

Customer Question

Did not realise the guy had anal warts until I felt it. Will my penis get std or warts from a guy who has anal warts sucking my?No anal sex.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If a man with anal warts performed oral sex on you, there is no risk of transmission of the anal warts. There would need to be direct skin-to-skin contact with the warts. However, it does not require penetration. If there was any direct contact between your penis and the skin around his anus, then there is some risk. But if the sole contact with your penis was the oral sex, there is no risk of transmission.

If there was direct contact of your penis with the skin affected by the warts, it is still more likely that you will not become infected. The risk of transmission from a single encounter is about 20%.

There is some ongoing debate and research regarding whether HPV from the mouth can be transmitted to the penis during oral sex, but there is no risk from the anal warts if there was no direct contact with the anal warts.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What's hpv. I will get that?

HPV is the virus that causes warts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how will I get it if I don't have contact with it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By getting sucked?

As I said above, you can only get it by contact. So, if you do not have contact with it, you cannot get it.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.