Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Well, i am quite worried. I went o a masaage parlour and at

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: well, i am quite worried. I went o a masaage parlour and at the end the girl sat on me with both wear underwear the only complication is i have been having iinflammation in my penis for some time does that place me at hiv risk
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: no penetration nothing yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not really i m fit, but there is inflammation around the urethra opening on my penis slight redness too
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from whatyou are describing there is absolutely NO RISK of you acquiring HIV in this manner. This is because in order for HIV to be transmitted you need to have sexual intercourse and simply sitting on each other and that too while wearing your underwear is NOT going to cause transmission of the virus. Now the inflammation of the urethral opening is most likely to be a bacterial or fungal infection which is causing urethritis. this is a condition which will cause burning urination, pain at the opening of the urethra and also redness at the opening. This can be diagnosed with the help of a urine analysis, urine culture and also a urethral swab of the area. Once diagnosed it can be treated with the help of antibiotics or even antifungals. Now i would strongly suggest that you have this evaluated by visiting your doctor however i would like to reassure you that you DO NOT have HIV and there is NO RISK of transmission of the virus in the encounter which you have described.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well to add to it, I felt moist on penis skin, not sure inner or outer foreskin from her underwear. It must be her vaginal fluids from underwear. Can they infect me

The vaginal fluids can transmit a fungal infection if she had a fungal infection which can cause the urethritis but it WONT cause transmission of the HIV virus. HIV is NOT a concern here. I believe it is likely that you have a bacterial or fungal infection, but HIV is not the cause here, HIV would NOT cause urethritis like you have. You do need antibiotics and antifungals however.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I definitely know the urethra or inflammation problem is from intercourse with my wife. My only concern here is can here vaginal fluids that felt moist, which may be rich in hiv, infect me through the little sore/rash that causes inflammation over my penis. Though I am not sure is it a sore. I am not even sure about the the point of contact where i felt moist. And then I defintely asked her to step aside .

Vaginal fluids would be highly unlikely to infect you through the sore/rash which is present over the penis. Usually this would need DIRECT contact with the vaginal fluids, NOT indirect contact through underwear which would first get soaked with the vaginal fluids and then get into contact with the penis. Secondly you are not sure it a sore, in order for even a very small risk to be present you would need an OPEN and bleeding sore for even a remote chance of transmission to occur. And since that is not the case you are NOT at risk.

If you are very worried about this, then simply get the 4th gen HIV antigen/antibody test done at 4 weeks, which is not medically recommended, but can be done to allay your anxiety about this. im willing to bet that it will come back as negative though.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But you think I may be at some risk, though low. I had read that HIV dies with exposure to air oxygen. Does it survive for some time? I have read over sites that a lap dance with any piece of clothing has zero risk. Is mine a more risky activity.I had no penetration, I ddint even touch her vagina with my penis. Its evry unfortunate I am at risk. WOnt bother you more just reply to these queries

No i DONT think you are at ANY risk at all with this exposure. HIV does not survive for long outside the body, a few minutes at the most. Secondly, it has ZERO risk of transmission through clothes which is what you had. Yours is NOT a more risky activity. YOU ARE NOT AT RISK, the only reason i advised a HIV test was to allay your anxiety and fears, it is not really needed but once you see that it is negative you will be able to put this behind you and move on with your life. But i truly believe that you are NOT at risk at all for getting HIV.

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi doc i met a physician for my penis sore. To explain what he told, it is because of cervicitis from my wife. I had a general urine test which came absolutely normal. So to be precise what he also noticed is I have some redness around my urethra opening and some swelling in the little zone there. Not widespread. Will this be classified as sore and if that vaginal fluid touched it somehow, am I at risk

Hello again,

Before we continue would you mind rating our previous conversation so i can get credit from JA for the time spent helping you. Thanks in advance!