Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I'm worried I may have contracted HIV. 6 months ago I've

Customer Question

Hi, I'm worried I may have contracted HIV. 6 months ago I've engaged in oral sex with a person who seemed to be iffy. 6 weeks later I took a blood test just to check and everything was fine. 2 months after that I took another blood test and everything was fine again.However since 5 weeks ago I've been having very bad bowel movements. I've been having watery diarrhea with sever crampings and especially after a meal. I called the doc he gave me some meds like Imodium and for 3 weeks the diarrhea disappeared. Now, since last week I've been having the same diarrhea with severe crampings for the passed week and I've seen the doctor and he's given me different meds to stay on for 10 days.Though this time the stool I've been having changes, usually it's type 5-6 on the Bristol chart with foul smell and sinks rapidly with cramps. Yesterday it was type 6-7 with black stool like tar and mucus in the stool. What could this be?Note: I haven't experienced any fever, swollen lymph nodes, coughing etc. just this diarrhea
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting. Why you are attributing your symptoms to HIV? Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Because I had unprotected oral sex with a person and now I'm extremely worried..

Thanks a lot for your Input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am wondering that why you started attributing your symptoms to HIV. Actually what you have has nothing to do with HIV. Your symptoms are consistent with some bleeding in your stomach or it can be due to a parasitic infection. Other possible cause can be a bacterial intestinal infection. You should see your doctor to get your stool R/E, stool culture and stool for ova, cyst and parasites. Further treatment will be done accordingly. At 3 months post exposure a negative test means no HIV for sure. Even at 2 months if the test was negative, this means that you don't have HIV. So just relax, the risk of hiv with oral sex is very less. I give you my words that you don't need to stress yourself for something that you don't have. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. 6

Please enter your phone number and I will call you shortly. Regards

Please read my answer as well. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing in connecting with me. Please let me know that how can assist you further. Please enter your phone number and I will call you. Regards