Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I just anal a guy. Not more than 30 secs I took out. I saw a

Customer Question

I just anal f**ked a guy. Not more than 30 secs I took out. I saw a bum like anal warts by his ass. Will I get warts. I washed clean of my penis.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your situation. If the other person does have warts and you came into contact with him, then there is a chance that you have acquired the HPV virus and in turn may develop warts. However having HPV doesnt necessarily mean that you will get warts definitely, in many patients HPV can stay dormant for a period of several years and in some patients warts dont develop at all. There is a 20% - 40% chance that you have acquired HPV IF the warts were actually present around his anus and you came into contact with it.

Now apart from HPV , you shoudl also get screened for other STDs including HIV. Although the contact was short, it would be best to get tested for HIV. The best test for this would be the 4th generation test done after 4 weeks of exposure, however a HIV RNA test can be done after a week or so for early detection of the virus. Unfortunately you cant detect HPV in men with any test, the only way you will know for sure if you have the virus or not is with the development of warts. Even if you do develop warts, it would be easily treated with the use of topical medications like imiquimod or with cryotherapy. It wont cause any lasting problems in an overwhelming majority of males.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I were to contract the warts. How long will I be able to see it. And do I need to take antibiotics or just applying cream.As for hiv. I did the oral quick with him twice. He is neg.Anything I need to do now to prevent the penis warts if any?

Unfortunately, you cant do anything to prevent the development of warts, you have the maximum possible by washing your penis clean immediately after the contact. If you have contracted the virus, warts can appear anywhere between 6 weeks to 6 months after contact however in some patients they can even appear after years as i said earlier.

If you do develop warts, there is no need for antibiotics, they can be treated by applying topical cream and medication which are very effective.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
warts is no big deal i suppose?

No for men, they are not a big deal. They can be treated easily and in 99% of the cases dont leave any scars behind once treated with medication. In women however HPV can be dangerous.

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.