Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I have a question regarding transmission of HIV through

Customer Question

I have a question regarding transmission of HIV through men's toilet. I know HIV doesn't transmit through toilet but today I went to a public restroom which wasn't that clean and I noticed some white stuff in there. I don't why I just keep thinking that in case I had an exposure of any sort. Is this an exposure at all?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry tyo hear about your situation. Well HIV is NOT transmitted in this manner, even if the restroom was not clean and had impurities present in it, the chances of you acquiring HIV via this method are absolutely ZERO. In order for HIV to be transmitted you would have to come into direct contact with blood, semen or other bodily fluids and that contact has to be with the mucus membranes of your body. Which means if you touch these secretions with your skin, you will NOT get HIV. So you can rest assurred that this is NOT an exposure of any sort and you will NOT get HIV in this manner.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/