Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine

My Mom has diabetes type 2. She is 58 yrs old. I have

Customer Question

My Mom has diabetes type 2.
She is 58 yrs old. I have written her checkup report. Can you read and tell me whats there.
She is mostly worried about the last page HBS-AB which is 42.4TEST Result Unit Reference Intervals
HBS Ag .................. Non Reactive Non Reactive (CLIA)
HBS Ab .................. 42.4 mIU/ml Neg<0.0, Equivocal:9-11, Pos>11 (CLIA)
ANTI HCV ................ Non Reactive Non reactive (ELISA)
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & medical conditions including the concerns of Hepatitis B related blood test report of your Mom you have mentioned here, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Her report tells she has positive antibodies against hepatitis B

This is good news, this means she has immunity against hepatitis B virus

Her Hepatitis B antigen is negative, which means she is not having any infection with this virus, but she is already immunised against this virus, so the presence of antibodies will protect her against any future infection with this virus

Her antibody titer (HBSAb titer) is 42.4, it should be above 11, so her level is very good, which means she is very well protected against Hepatitis B virus, so this is a very good news for her

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

An addendum; And the other test report on Hepatitis C virus (Anti HCV) which should come non-reactive, which is also good news this means she is not having Hepatitis C virus infection. For Hepatitis B the antibody should be present in the blood, for Hepatitis C the antibody should be absent in the blood, so all her above results are normal, and it tells she is not infected with hepatitis B or C, and she also has good immunity against Hepatitis B. So all very good news for her.