Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

What are the chances of having atypical symptomatic genital

Customer Question

What are the chances of having atypical symptomatic genital herpes? I had unprotected sex with a woman who was diagnosed over 10 years now and I have not had any symptoms. She didn't have any symptoms and she's never given it to anybody. This one night occurrence happened near the end of April. I'm just wondering because I have an appointment for next week for blood work and I'm not sure if I should reschedule it or cancel it because I have to work.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

From what you have posted your chances, while not zero, are pretty low.

That being said, I can tell you are concerned. As such, at least for your peace of mind, I suggest you keep your appointment for blood work. You should not have to take very long off of your job to get your blood pulled.

But, in the end, I bet everything will be OK.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've been reading how many people don't know they have it most of the time because there weren't any symptoms. Is this true? how often is this seen?

You should not believe everything that the Evil Dr. Google tells you.

From what you have posted, you should be fine.....but get tested so you will not be so worried.

It is worth missing some time at work.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS