Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

What's meaning this? i made this test 10 weeks after [V

Customer Question

what's meaning this ? i made this test 10 weeks after [HIV Negative for HIV-1 p24 antigen and HIV-2 antibodies. No laboratory evidence of HIV infection.If acute HIV infection is suspected, consider testing for HIV-1 RNA You think is need retest again?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. HIV-1 RNA will be more specific to rule out acute infection because it detects for RNA and is positive as early as 2 weeks after infection. In the case of HIV-1 P24 the test can be negative even months after exposure. In case you have symptoms or you had a high risk exposure then the HIV-1 RNA will be recommended. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I have a different opinion.

At 10 weeks your test is truly negative.

I would not worry whatsoever.

the HIV combo test that you had should be very accurate at ten weeks.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards