DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician

Is this a live message? I'm wondering whether I should go or

Customer Question

Hello, is this a live message? I'm wondering whether I should go for pep or not.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not yet. I'm on no medications, and the incident was about 13 hours ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HIV Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 months ago.

what was your potential exposure to HIV and when?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, my exposure was about 13 hours ago, and I'm in the MSM catagory. It involved getting a tiny amount of his pre-seminal fluid directly on an open crack on my hand. He was just tested this past week and was negative, but I don't know if he's been with anyone else.

I would recommend that you take PEP for sure

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That brings up another question. I'm wondering if it's too late for me. He and I actually started dating and by the end of this March we were active, the types of activities never went past oral, and we stopped dating about a month ago. The last exposure before yesterday was the end of May, and I tested negative with an RNA test at 2 weeks and a 4th gen at 4 weeks after that exposure. He had his checkup this week with his negative result, and he told me he hasn't been with anyone else since we started dating, even during the break. Is it too late for me, or can I still start PEP?

PEP needs to be taken within 72 hours of exposure

so it's too late

sounds like you are fine though

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I still worry about the exposure yesterday then?

Oh the hand was yesterday? If so, then you can get PEP