Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician
41363181

A month ago I briefly engaged in oral sex with a man whom I

Customer Question

Hi Dr. David,
So a month ago I briefly engaged in oral sex with a man whom I was interested in starting an affair with. He did not ejaculate in my mouth but I did notice some "pre-cum" which I tried to spit out while performing oral sex. Since our encounter, my anxiety about possibly contracting HIV has been on high alert. He told me that he is tested twice a year (because of his job, army sergeant) and that he is 100% certain he is safe. I know the transmission risk is very low with this type of encounter and I haven't had any fever, rash or any other flu like symptoms but my throat did start to bother me (more of an irritation like something was stuck in my throat than sore) and now my lips burn, my tongue is white (not white blotches) and my mouth is dry. I'll be honest, I am a smoker and since my anxiety has kicked in I have been smoking even more. I have had every anxiety symptom imaginable so I did get a rapid HIV test done about two weeks after the encounter and it was negative, and I also got an RNA test done which I am still waiting for the results. Do you think I am overreacting and my stress/anxiety is causeing this or are these early symptoms of HIV?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

thanks for asking for me.

if he had HIV, you would have had a 1 in 10,000 chance of contracting HIV from unprotected oral sex with him

I bet your RNA test will be negative as well.

I bet if you continue to get HIV testing, they will continue to be negative.

if you continue to have bad anxiety symptoms, you may need medication treatment to help lower your anxiety symptoms.

your anxiety can cause dry mouth, lips burning

no, I don't think your symptoms are due to HIV

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com