Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I had ashave around 7 min im really worried to get the virus

Customer Question

Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

As i said earlier, it is unlikely that it will be able to survive for 7 mins on a blade. There have been reports of it surviving for this long on surfaces in ideal conditions meaning it would not have to be exposed to heat or cold or alcohol or anything of this sort. In order for it to survive it would need an environment in which it could survive such as dried blood, if dried blood was present on the blade then it can survive for upto a week. But in the absence of such conditions it wont be able to survive for 7 minutes in most cases.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doctor so you tell me i shouldnt be worried about gettin the virus as it really destroys me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doctor im waiting for your reply please im afraid to even sex with my wife

Sorry for the late reply but i was offline, Anyway yes you DONT have to worry, it is highly unlikely that you got the virus in this manner. But it would be best to get tested after 4 weeks of exposure simply because that will help you to overcome your anxiety regarding this manner. Just relax and once your test comes back negative , which im sure it will, you will be able to sleep more easily and get back to your life.

Do you have any more questions?