DrRussMD, MD
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have had this problem before a few years ago, got tested

Customer Question

I have had this problem before a few years ago, got tested before and recently and my results were negative.I have seen multiple bloggers have the same situation with similar pictures and just want to shown my own if something might be a bit different. My glands on the bottom of my penis tend to swell up they do not itch but expand or stay red at times. They do not have rise up as bumps or look to carry any liquid. At times it a slight burn when I urinate at times it doesn't.I am a drinker and smoker.Sometimes this redness completely just goes away.I want to know where I can go to get a better answer bc the more doctors I see the more money I have to pay, and it gets expensive. Can you please advise.How can I post the picture so you give me feedback?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

These are penile papules.

They are normal.

Absolutely normal.

They are not any type of disease.

If you burn when you urinate, this is something different.

If you are tested for infection , and there is no infection, then this is likely prostate inflammation.

IT can be non bacterial, and comes and goes.

A urologist would do a prostate exam, then check to see if there is any bacterial in urine right after.

If not, it is a benign process.

He might want to look into the bladder to see if there is a problem.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something different as in? When I drinks lots of fluids it does not burn. When I'm dyhydrated is when I tend to notice the pain a lot more. The pain is only when it comes out it does not continue as I releasing the fluids. Something the glands remain there with out redness. Something they become red. I have seen many other pictures of penis and see some guys do not have this issue? Is it bc I am not circumcised? I have read it could be bc it is not cleaned correctly? I started to use cortizone and the redness goes away. The ones I am concerned about are the ones on the head not the corona. What could I do to have this issue go away, and cure.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

AS I said, prostate pain, with or without infection.

The gland are n ormal.

they are more in uncircumsized men.

It had nothing to do with cleaning.

You can have a laser procedure to get rid of them, but it is not necessary.

I suggest you stop reading the internet and listening to bloggers, and rather go see a dermatologist for options.

This are not harmful.

Pain on urination is more likely related to the prostate gland, and for that I suggested a urologist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, I just keep looking at the blisters that form from other infections but they do not look the same except for the redness which is what concerns me?Why do they occasionally swell and spead, sometimes and others they dont? How can I prevent this from happening?Is there anything I can get over the counter?What about the dis coloring toward the tip.Do this pics look like anything more different that the last pics?What's are other symptoms of prostate pain?Thank you so much.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Same answer on the pics.

Nothing abnormal.

There is nothing over the counter.

keeping the area clean is of course good.

Prostate inflammation can cause pain in the urethra, the bladder, the testicles, and the prostate.