Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

A question window period of 6 weeks is enough ,or need more

Customer Question

a question window period of 6 weeks is enough for test,or need more time and in case for example low risk same time or more than of 6 weeks?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Well a window period of 6 weeks is more than enough to get a HIV test done. It doesnt matterif you had a low risk exposure or a high risk exposure, at 6 weeks the chances of you getting a positive HIV test are 99%, that is if you have acquired the HIV virus. So you can get the test done at 6 weeks, which is more than enough time to be able to detect the virus in your body if you have contracted it. if it is negative at 6 weeks, then you dont have the HIV virus.

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,