Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My taste buds are white and there is a coating on my tongue.

Customer Question

My taste buds are white and there is a coating on my tongue. The roof of my mouth feels like I burnt it with hot food. No blisters on my lips or inside my mouth. I performed unprotected oral (vaginal) sex on a massage parlor girl 6 weeks ago. My penis and scrotum look normal. Could I have oral thrush or syphilus?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Yes these are most likely symptoms of oral thrush that is a fungal infection. Your doctor prescribed the right medication. You should take it and it would relieve your symptoms.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.