Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I am trying to assess my possibility of infection with

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to assess my possibility of infection with HIV and if I should be tested. I am 48 years old and married 20 plus years. I have never had intercourse with a woman and never any kind of sex with a man.
I have had oral sex once with a female and I visited a dominatrix a few times where she used a strap on on me but with condoms and spermicides used. It has been two years since I last saw a dominatrix.I have myasthenia Gravis and double vision associated with it. I really have no other symptoms. My weight and appetite are good. I get tired sometimes and have had some sweating at night recently. What do you think?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I do not see any possibility of HIV infection in your case.I would not worry whatsoever.The symptoms that you are having i.e. fatigue and sweating may be related to your diagnosis of myasthenia gravis or the medications that you are on for it.Medications used for myasthenia can cause sweating.However, having said that, I would still like that you should be investigated further.I would recommend that you should have your thyroid hormones checked as well to be sure they are normal.High levels of thyroid hormone in the body can cause increased sweating. So if you have not had your thyroid function checked recently I would strongly recommend that you should have that checked.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks fOr your response. It relieves a lot of worry. I will get my thyroid checked. The last time it was checked it was normal but that was many years ago. The sweating can't be caused by mess as I am not currently taking any mess for my MG as it is only ocular and the steroids and methotrexate made me feel really badly so I stopped them. I would teacher see double than feel like that. And it comes and goes anyway. A few years ago when I was diagnosed and they were not sure what it was or what my status would be I kind of went off the rails and made a couple of errors in judgement that I mentioned above. Nice to hear that in your opinion at least hiv should not be a worry. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
You are most welcome.I would appreciate a rating as that is the only way I am paid here by the website i.e. after you give a positive rating.Regards