DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician

My exposure was 83 days ago and it was deep

Customer Question

My exposure was 83 days ago and it was deep kissing,fingering,protected vaginal intercourse with sex worker of unknown status. I have done Hiv-1 RNA QualitTive and 4th Generation in 17th and 29 days both were Negative.Did 10 panel test which includes Hiv antibody, Hep A,B,C at 34 days after exposureAll were negative and 4th generation and hep B at 41 days that was negative too. At 43 days did HBsAg was negative.Even at 66 days I did Hep B core Ab IgM and Hep C that was negative too. I have pain where liver is located and burning feeling. My questions are
1) how accurate are Hiv test?Do I need to retest?
2) Hiw accurate are Hep B test? I did 3 test with Hep B core Ab IgM and one with HBsAg. Do I need to retest?
3) what causing pain at liver location and burning?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.
1)very accurate. You need a standard test after 3 months to be 100%. you are 99.9% right now2)very accurate. I would retest after six months3)could be gall bladder or liver inflammation for a variety of reasons.YOu need an ultrasound of this area.
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.