Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Doctor, I had protected sex with a CSW twice in a span of an

Customer Question

Doctor, I had protected sex with a CSW twice in a span of an hour and unprotected oral sex. After intercourse I noticed that midway down my shaft where the circumcision marks are there was a very small (about 3 mm) sore. I have been diagnosed with hsv, and I am concerned now that I may be at risk for hiv. Although this portion was covered with a condom, do I have risk of catching Hiv? I am afraid either I was at risk during oral unprotected sex and also through vaginal fluid which could have gotten onto this sore when I was taking off the condom. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The risk of HIV transmission through condom is very very low.Oral sex itself is a very low risk sex act.Hence, even though you noticed a sore, you are at very low risk.You do not need to worry.You can get a 4th gen HIV test after 8 weeks of exposure.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
should I be concerned due to the herpes sore? I am afraid vaginal fluid has touched the sore although it was protected...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doctor, just to clarify the sore was on the shaft of my penis...i am worried the vaginal fluid may have touched this sore while I was taking the condom addition to the unprotected oral sex...
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
No you do not need to be concerned.The sore on shaft is even less concerning than on the glans.Do not worry.