Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Being oral by a hiv pos guy. How high is my chance of

Customer Question

Being oral by a hiv pos guy. How high is my chance of getting hiv
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The risk is considered very low.It is about one in 10000 cases.However you can get a HIV testing after 8 weeks of exposure.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Low as in would I be able to get hiv though? Is it a concern I need to be having?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Btw. How does hiv come into the picture with oral sex? Should there be a cut on the penis or
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Very very low like 0.0001%Practically no risk.Yes only if there is a visible sore in the penis and lot of blood in the mouth.Saliva does not usually transmit HIV.Best wishes