Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

In March 2014, i was exposed to an infection by

Customer Question

Hello,In March 2014, i was exposed to an infection by havibg sex with a prostitute without a condom and after 3 weeks i felt itching in my penis which I checked and find as UTI and got some medicne.I was afraid that I got HIV or something so I did a test 8 weeks period after the incident which was a combo test p24/ab and my results was negative.I didn't calm down, i went again in December 2014 and did another test (8 months) and the same combo test again and was negative too (non reactive) as they said.Still today in 2016, i always have fears that I still have something :(.Are these tests conclusive? What are my percentage of getting HIV even if I got 2 negative in 8 weeks and 8 nmonths?Should I do something or jusr keep going with my life?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes you can take these tests as conclusive.Practically no chance of missing HIV by then.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does that mean these are conclusive and I should stop worreing about it?I'm seriously getting anxious about this.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Yes they are conclusive.You do not need to worry.