Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Please can you explain what early hiv flu like symptoms are?

Customer Question

Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The common symptoms are fever, sore throat, muscle aches, rash, and swollen lymph nodes. Less common symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea There is no symptom that is unique to an early HIV infection. And since there are many common viral infections that can cause flu-like symptoms, the vast majority of people that have these symptoms do NOT have HIV. Therefore, we never will diagnose an early HIV infection based on symptoms. The diagnosis is only made by performing appropriate blood tests in someone at risk for developing HIV.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you and please does all these symptoms happen at once or if the Fever comes then it goes in 4 days then after then you will have sore throat then it will go in days then another follow is this a sign? Or all of these happens at once and at the same time you will be sick with all of these ??? Please I need an appropriate answer for that and lastly how is the fever like ? How does the patient act it the fever comes and is night sweat a fever ???
Like with any viral infection, the exact symptoms will vary, Most people do not have all of the symptoms, and the combination that a specific individual will have will vary. They also will usually not start all at once. The fever is an elevated body temperature, as measured by a thermometer, but it can be felt by the individual in various ways. Some people can get night sweats from a fever, but if there is no fever on a thermometer, then night sweats would not be the same as a fever.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was having night sweats but when I checked last time from a clinical thermometer it was 36.9 is this okay please ? !!! And I am on medication with drugs like lyrica, nucleo cmr forte , Celebrex , flotac serdalude, that was the first dose and people around me says I started complaining about night sweat after the first dose of 10 days or during the first dose and now I just finished taking the second dose and this time I had tramadol included with the above mentioned drugs so please could these cause any of my symptoms ?
This is not a fever. If the symptoms started when you started a medicine, then it could be a side effect.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please good evening I am done with taking the medications today and I am beginning to sweat this evening but if the fan or Ac is on I don't sweat but any little thing I do I sweat now please I am afraid what's all these please is this early hiv symptom or what please and after taking the drugs my back pain is a little okay but I feel pains around my neck or upper back area please help what is this ?
Any infection can cause this. You need to go see your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good evening please I want to know if fever is same as night sweats and does night sweats has something to do with fever and how does an hiv night sweats deals with fever is it severe pains and all and how is the fever like ?
I answered that above.