Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Can you gauge how worried I should be?My exposure was in

Customer Question

Can you gauge how worried I should be?My exposure was in Thailand with a CSWWasn't a 100% if it was a real female or transgender, hoping she was indeed female for many reasons.. It was dark wasn't sure but I'm pretty sure I inserted into either a Vagina or trans Vagina (Does this increase or decrease risk?)I noticed the condom was broken maybe 3-5 minutes too late and frantically went to wash my penis on impulse. I have read this is not good. I am also uncircumcised.How bad are my chances at a single exposure....... Lets assume person indeed had HIV (hypothetically).
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Hi This is Dr Stan and I will assist you today. First, I need to know how long ago this exposure was? Have you been tested for HIV?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, a single exposure may be enough and whether female or transgender, if the person was positive you have been exposed. HIV testing (and STD testing) should be done now and repeated in one month after exposure. I can't give you an exact percentage chance of acquiring HIV from a single exposure, but it's not zero. Please get tested sooner rather than later.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning,I have not heard back from you so I hope you get tested as I suggested. I have enabled the rating page for you and a positive rating is always appreciated.