DrRussMD, MD
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have a question

Customer Question

Hello I have a question
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.
HelloWhat is your question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had a sexual event that stars with a condom I think it may have come off. It was on the 9 of last month 9 days after I got really weak and developed many symptoms I took a HIV ran test at 19 days post exposure it as negative I still have symptoms my joints hurt in dizzy and now my throat hurts!
HelloThese are not HIV symptoms and this has nothing to do with HIV.You need a PCR test at 3 weeks.No test is completely accurate nineteen days.Any antibody test is not foolproof for up to 6 months.So, PCR at this point. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Went to the er and my blood work was off as far as wbc and lymphocytes and all the important things. Would a qualitative rna test have shown if there were HIV in my system. I took another test today, it makes 27 days past the exposure. I'm so worried!
I don't think you even read my answer.Yes, your 27 day test, if rna or dna will be accurate.Please click a positive.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok so the rna I took today which made 27 days past the exposure was pointless
That is not what I said.I said it will be accurate.Please read my answers carefully.You should be fine.Good luck.Please click positive.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry Dr. I read your answer you said that a test at 19 days is not conclusive but if there were a HIV virus floating around would it have picked it up possibly I have just never been this sick before and I am very ill and don't know what else to think
NoI don't think you have HIVI have reviewed your question history and see that other experts have told you this.We are only paid per positive rating.Without ratings we are not paid.Please do that now.I will be glad to answer a follow up after that, or I will opt out.