How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMD Your Own Question
DrThomasMD, Practice Director
Category: HIV and AIDS
Satisfied Customers: 63757
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your HIV and AIDS Question Here...
DrThomasMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm negative and my bf is positive. im going to be

Customer Question

Hi. I'm negative and my bf is positive . im going to be completely honest. My bf just switched meds cause the last meds weren't so effective for v load. He does not have sex with me anymore even when hes in the mood. He's afraid of transferring it. I've had prep before but who else can I get Prep from so he has the piece of mind as well as me
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 7 months ago.


You have to see a doctor for this.

You would be best seeing an internal medicine doctor.

These are the doctors most trained in HIV in their board training.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Related HIV and AIDS Questions