Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I visited a massage salon few weeks ago and had deep kissing

Customer Question

I visited a massage salon few weeks ago and had deep kissing with two girls. 4-5 days ago one of the girl gave me unprotected blow job twice for about 10-15 seconds with a gap of one hour. My oral hygiene is ok and I am sure that my gums were not bleeding when I did kissing and there were no open wounds in my mouth. However, 3-4 days ago I had a clogged nose which is now ok after taking medicine. I have mild sore throat as well from last 4-5 days. However, I have been drinking one liter of very chilled (almost icy) cola on daily basis from last one week before I had sore throat. Other than this I am perfectly normal i-e I do not see any symptoms of HIV which I have read on different forums i-e severe flue, body itching, muscle pain, joint pain, fever, headache, nausea,cough, blurred vision, severe fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, night sweating etc.
I am concerned about the HIV infection and scared of it. Please if you could advice whether I should test for HIV.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Well from what you have told me, it is very unlikely that you have contracted HIV via this method. the chances of you acquiring HIV via oral sex are very very low around the region of less than 0.1%. With kissing the risk even lower. Secondly you did not have any open wounds which could have increased the chances of transmission. You could however acquire other STDs like herpes via these methods or even Mono which can cause the symptoms of a sore throat, if your symptoms get any worse then you can get tested for these. However the risk of HIV is very low but if you still want peace of mind, you can get tested with a 4th generation test now The ideal time frame to get tested for HIV is 4-6 weeks after the exposure.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a POSITIVE/EXCELLENT feedback rating by clicking on the stars, so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating