Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have always suspected that i am v+ but have been scared to

Customer Question

Hi doc
I have always suspected that i am hiv+ but have been scared to do a test. I have scheduled it for tomorrow. The only unprotective sex i had was in 1992 and 1993. I heard that the guy died from aids 6years ago.
My blood counts are normal, but now i have a diarrhea and night sweats for 3weeks. They are not heavy. I also suffer from health anxiety.
Could i have lasted 23years without any major healthscares if I was positive. I practise safe sex. 10 years ago, i had parotitis which went after a month...
I have had some symptoms over the years, like lung infection once...and swollen lymph glands.
My current cbc count is:
Lymph 2.8
Mid 1
Gran# *****
Hgb 13.8
Rbc 5
Platelets 276
Esr 9mm
These were taken last week. Ow, i also had a sore throat for a month, which my gp didnt see any inflammation and thought its allergies. I took antibiotics and antihistamines and my stomach had diarhea after i finished the course, 3 weeks ago.
I know you cant diagnose anything from this info. I am finally going for test tomoro. Do you the disease can last this long with no major flaws. I am very scared. I need ti finally know my status
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

If you have had unprotected sex once almost 24 years back and you have no issues other than this episode of diarrhea or sore throat than it is highly likely that you have no HIV because if you have virus since long than at this stage you might have full blown HIV .

So most likely you will be negative for HIV .

Relax and good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Hello ...