Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Hey doctor, I tested negative over 25 weeks after exposure

Customer Question

Hey doctor, I tested negative over 25 weeks after exposure and my exposure was oral sex and I was the reciever . Is 25 weeks equal to 6 months and even more I made the girl tested for hiv who gave me oral sex and her test result was negative after 24 weeks . Can I consider this conclusive ?
Thanks
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!You receiving oral sex is low risk to start with...There are different possible HIV tests and some may be done with great reliability well before / GEN 4 HIV test for both antigen and abmntibody is reliable at 30 days ....The ELISA antibody test is reliable by 90 days ( certain populations considered immunocompromised may be advised to confirm test 6 months out ...)Bot***** *****ne is that your testing negative at 24 weeks and that would be reliable >> YES to that ...You are comfortably negative I hope that this is helpful for you Let me know if you have furher questions or concerns or discussion..Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD