Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I'm ***** *****, and i recently had unprotected sex with a

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****, and i recently had unprotected sex with a friend. We had both vaginal and anal, she told me that she has been with someone else. And on yesterday she woke up with a bad virus early in the AM, a fever, vomiting and diarrea. Should I be worried and consult my PCP for PEP since I'm in the 72 hour window. She said she is sure it isn't HIV she get tested every 6 months. But holding info about someone that I'm not sure if their status is scaring me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did you read all of question
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HIV and AIDS Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer,

If it was unprotected sex, yes it is necessary to consult a PCP, and if her status is not known, then it is good to start on PEP, once started early the effect of PEP is good, so don't worry.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com