Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I recently gave a to a transexual woman. I bight my nails

Customer Question

I recently gave a handjob to a transexual woman . I bight my nails and have pink nails but there was no bleeding, I may have been in contact with some precum getting on my finger nails which i bight. should i be worried?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is no risk associated with the situation that you describe. There certainly is no risk to a handjob. There also would not be any risk to exposure from body fluid contact with bitten nails, regardless of the color of the nails. The only possible risk would be if there were any open cuts or bites of the skin under or around the nails that occur during the biting of the nails, then there could be some risk. The open wounds that are a risk for receiving the virus are open wounds that are actively bleeding, so superficial scratches or old cuts would not be a risk nor would a recently bitten edge of a nail be a risk. You do not describe any open cuts or bites of the skin under or around the nails, which is why I say that there is no risk with the situation that you describe. Therefore, there is no reason for you to be worried.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

If I can assist you with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/