DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

I had sex with a CSW 2 week ago. I was wearing the condom

Customer Question

Hi, i had sex with a CSW 2 week ago. I was wearing the condom throughout the whole situation. Unfortunately, while i was having anal sex, my condom broke. I was the insertive partner. The CSW worker felt that the condom broke and asked me to take it out inmediately. I was expose to about 35seconds to 1 minute. Not sure how long. But approximately around that amount of time. I took it out and wore another condom and continued with vaginal sex then. Today, i became very worried. I was down with fever at 39.4 degrees and went to the hospital to fo some blood testing. I found out that i was having a bacterial infection with my total white counts at 14.7. Could this be me seroconveting? My fever is already gone after some antibiotics given by the doctor. May i know if i am at a great risk? Do the total white count be low or high during ARS? And do you think i am infected with hiv or its just my anxiety and stress acting up.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not to forget. I also got a new gf and we kissed when she was also having fever. Could i have gotten this fever from her?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like the fever is from the bacterial infection but I wouldn't rule out ARS

The white count can be elevated in this condition.

You do need to be tested for sure after a few days

avoid sex with your GF until tested

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi doctor, lets say if i were to be in the situation less than 3 days and are eligible for pep, would pep be encourage or will it be not necessary?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How would you rate my risk from the above encounter? Is it consider high or low risk?

I would give it. Yes

Unprotective anal sex with a CSW? High risk for sure

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is condom breakage with a brief exposure consider a high risk exposure doctor? And being the insertive partner, does it put me in a lower scale of risk? I was protected throughout. And was only not protected for about 35 seconds i would say.

1)yes, it is high risk

2)No

3)doesn't matter

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more questions, just reply.

I receive no credit unless you rate 3 stars or more

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

If you have more questions, just reply