imdr06
imdr06, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  I am a certified HIV Specialist/Physician as well as board-certified Internist. I have a large HIV practice.
37530465

I had unprotected sex at very gh risk before 10 weeks Eight

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex at very high risk before 10 weeks
Eight weeks later I got a sore that does not hurt on my penis
the dermatologist told my that my sore is condyloma - I did not Treat the sore
Because I'm waiting for laser to removement
Now I see this sore growing and getinig bigger and bigger every da and it did not look like a typical condyloma sore
I read these sores on the penis can be a sign of HIV Is it true?
HIV test done after 7 weeks and after 9 weeks were negative - If the sore that appear after eight weeks was related to HIV then after nine weeks would my test have to come out positive ?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

I can Understand your situation being stressful for you. However hopefully I would be able to help you out of this stress by helping you understand the situation in the best manner possible.

Now to answer your 1st question

1. I read these sores on the penis can be a sign of HIV Is it true?
Sores can form in early or late HIV infection however the location for these sores very unlikely for the penis and much highly likely location for these sores is the throat or mouth.

2. HIV test done after 7 weeks and after 9 weeks were negative - If the sore that appear after eight weeks was related to HIV then after nine weeks would my test have to come out positive ?

A. It is highly unlikely for the test to be negative at 2.25 months (9 weeks) if the sore was due to HIV infection.

B. The recommended period after which the probability of one having HIV infection falls drastically to virtually being none is when the test at 3 months or a period greater than that is negative.

So this means Good news for you :)

Hope this explained the situation in the best manner possible

Please leave a positive reply if satisfied. If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any feedback

Regards

Dr Mask

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Doctor
Thanks for your response
I went to a private doctor hwo is specializing in condylomas and he said he thought that my penis sore is not A condyloma
He could not say what it is but just that he thinks it is dermatitis
Of course seems odd to me that this sore will not be tied to any STD Having that i never suffered a similar problem before and now all of a sudden after A dangerous unprotected sexual intercourse it appeared
after His answer I got nervous and went to do another rapid HIV test
This test was performed 76 days after the sexual intercourse and it was also negative
My questions
What are the chances that if get tested again next week (12or 13 weeks ?) my test will be positive ?
If my sore is There for three weeks now can you safely say that in light of the tests that he is not related to HIV?
I did a test for syphilis 8 weeks after the sexual contact and it was negative - is it to soon ? do i have to repeat that test ?
I do not understand my situation and very concerned abut HIV extent and the chance caught it