Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Please only answer if infectious disease specialist or v

Customer Question

Please only answer if infectious disease specialist or hiv specialist i am waiting on my pcr results i got my 12 day post pep fourth generation test results negative what are the chances i stay negative my tongue hurts when i eat like burns
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

You do not include enough information in this question to determine a likelihood. However, if I use the information that you provided in a previous question, then the likelihood that you will remain negative is greater than 99.9999%.

The likelihood actually was 99.9999% before the most recent test antigen/antibody test, and it improves the likelihood slightly compared to the negative test 12 days earlier when the PEP was completed, but it would still be on the same order of magnitude.

The fact that the tongue hurts when you eat does not significantly alter the likelihood that you will remain negative noted above that is based on the risk of your encounter, the use of PEP, and the negative tests that you have received thus far.

Is there any additional information that you are seeking?

If there is no additional information that you are seeking at present, please let me know if you can think of any additional information that would be helpful.