Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I had a lap dance in private mins. During that course I had

Customer Question

I had a lap dance in private for 45 mins. During that course I had no genital to genital contact. She rubbed her vagina over my penis with my pant on. And she rubbed her breasts over my face and I did play her breasts as well and other parts of the body
but not vagina. After that I had sex with my wife. She started having sore throat and flu like symptoms on 5 th day. Since then I was so stressed and still same. And my wife is having sore throat and cough . She hasn't taken any medication. I had pain in my
upper arm and my lower hand after 10 days.I took HIV RNA test in 10th and 16th day and the result came Negative. My wife had never had such a long flu and it's been 20 days having flu. And now she's been tested Pregnant( she has conceived on 1st day of possible
exposure) How reliable is HIV RNA after 16th days? Is my wife having those symptoms because of pregnancy? Do I need further testing? Am I having symptoms because of stress?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

HIV is definitely diagnosed only by the tests and not by the symptoms, since every symptom can have a number of possible causes.

Therefore don't worry that these symptoms are due to HIV, and make yourself anxious. This will only increase your present symptoms.

The PCR test is beneficial for early detection and is able to detect HIV as early as 7 to 14 days. Basically for HIV infection, the period after exposure until virus is detectable by methods such as PCR is called the "eclipse period," and the average eclipse period for HIV infection is estimated to last 10--15 days but can be longer.

Please refer to the below web-link, according to which, the NAT test is able to detect HIV RNA as early as 7 to 14 days:

http://www.catie.ca/en/pif/august-2010/detecting-hiv-earlier-advances-hiv-testing#footnote11_h0znus7

So the RNA test which detects the HIV virus directly is a very sensitive and accurate test and the time between HIV infection and RNA detection is 7 to 14 days.

But the point that I need to emphasize is that even though based on the present tests you are negative, still the utility of HIV RNA test for screening of HIV is presently not known and getting an antibody test done after 3 months of exposure is recommended.

However in your case the likelihood of getting infected with HIV with your exposure is essentially non existent, but still get the test done as according to CDC even without exposure all adults need to have an antibody test done at least once.

Regarding your wife she needs to consult her doctor now to know the cause for her symptoms which is likely due to the cold and and an acute episode of bronchitis. Especially since she is pregnant get her seen by her doctor as soon as possible.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I likely not infected?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Yes this exposure will not lead to infection. However your wife needs to consult her doctor.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question sir, can HIV transmit thru cloth as I ejaculated inside the pant and don't know if the dancer cummed too? If her fluid passed thru the pant and I got it?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

No this is not possible.

The virus can only be viable as long as the blood stay liquid, as a rough estimate. The exposure to the air would destroy the virus. Hence no need at all to worry. Also you need to know that there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission via this route. Take care.

Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

I hope all your questions have been answered.

Please rate the answer with a five star rating.

Thanks.