imdr06
imdr06, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  I am a certified HIV Specialist/Physician as well as board-certified Internist. I have a large HIV practice.
37530465

V specialist only how effective is pep and can pep affect

Customer Question

Hiv specialist only how effective is pep and can pep affect blood work numbers and can it cause muscle ache and joint pain and nausea
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What are the medications for the PEP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truvada and isentress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there

Observational studies of patients who were offered PEP for HIV prevention after sexual exposure have suggested possible benefit, although conclusions are limited because of the observational design of the studies and sample sizes have been too small to be conclusive. In animal date, a macaque study, which was designed to assess the effectiveness of PEP, found that tenofovir protected all eight animals when the drug was administered within 12 to 36 hours after vaginal exposure . Three of four animals treated 72 hours after exposure were also protected; the fourth animal had delayed seroconversion. Yes, PEP can cause the blood work number and the symptoms.