Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have just returned home from a vacation in Brazil. I slept

Customer Question

I have just returned home from a vacation in Brazil. I slept with a girl there. An educated, but one with a liberal attitude to sex. On the first night, I had no condoms, but did pleasure he ( vaginal and anal ) with my fingers - no cuts on my fingers. Lots of kissing also.
The second night we had protection. Again, we engaged in both vaginal and anal using condoms. Condom was extremely dry after vaginal, but I'm pretty sure It did not break...I filled it with water afterwards and it didn't leak!
My problem is this. I have recently begun dating back home, maybe it is guilt at play also. However, I am aware condoms may not provide protection against all infections.
What are the dangers that I may have brought something home with me? I did not notice any open sores on her body, except a red pimple on her backside. I have a feeling she was more than willing to partake in unprotected sex from what she was saying however, this did not happen - but it suggests she would have done so with others before.
Paranoia, or is there a chance of infection? By the way, there was no oral sex at any point.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Although you may be nervous about sex with a stranger, you did follow proper precautions.

There was no visible lesions and you did not have any obvious cut or wounds in your boy.

There is also no significant body fluid exchange.

Your condom also did not break.

These factors make it very unlikely to contract any STDs.

The risk of HIV is very low like 1 in 1000 type risk.

The risk of hepatitis is also well below 1%

The risk of herpes is also about 1%

Risk of gonorrhea and chlamydia may vary between 1-2%

So even in case of other STds also the risks are very low.

You can get a full STD screen for mental reassurance.

Realistically you are safe.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/