Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Unexplained rash comes back after 5 months

Customer Question

Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you upload a picture of the rash?

What have you done for it so far?

When did you first notice it?

Any pain/exudation?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first pic taken May 26th. It took weeks for the rash to go away. Now it is back, in the same place it was 5 months ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course it is quite itchy. The skin seems erupted, so I haven't applied any medication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did I lose you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?

Thank you for the pictures and that additional information.

I had to head home from the office and then a bit o dinner with the clan :)

That looks like superficial blood vessels under the skin. Or perhaps you have scratched it so it looks like that in the pictures.

The best thing to do is have a doctor take a look at it. I do not believe it is an emergency but that is the best way to know what, exactly, is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is clearly an inflamed rash. I see no “blood vessels” at all. The skin is erupted & raw. It is the same rash in the same place I had 5 months ago. You don't find this remarkable? Strange?
So your answer is ”have a doctor take a look at it?”
I'm not sure what to say.
And I am definitely unsure how to rate this ”answer”

Pictures are not a good way to evaluate rashes or skin lesions.......

Really, the only true way to get an answer as to what it is would be to see an primary care MD, or perhaps a dermatologist, and maybe have a biopsy done.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS