Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician
41363181

Even now Doctor from my exposure on April 9, 2014, I'm

Customer Question

Even now Doctor from my exposure on April 9, 2014, I'm experiencing strange lesion on my arm. Rashes that appear on the same spots and the lesions are always developing on top of veins.They are small round and black in color. I never experience any skin
problems until after the exposure. As long as I tested negative after six months despite of and factors in between. I can be 100% confident that I was infected by the HIV infected individual in April. My last test was some where in September last month . Making
it 1 year 5 months 17 days
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

can you tell me more about your exposure event?

what was your september HIV test? was it negative?

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the skin rash?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My exposure was unprotected anal sex with someone confirmed HIV positive. After the exposure I tested four days later at a hospital to establish a baseline test. The results read index value less than 1.0 with a reference range 1.0 signal to the negative cutoff (non reactive). Starting at six to ten weeks I used oral swab test all negative. At the third month oral quick negative. At week 15 home access negative. 6 month oral quick negative . 7 month home access negative. 9 month p24 antigen test non reactive. My last test over a year making it one year 5 months and 17 days oral quick negative. During the window period I experienced all the symptoms of ars including fever. Unusual skin infections and pain on the sides of my neck with lumps under my arm . Even with this can I assume that I haven't been infected. I'm really scared Doctor . I was tested for all other Std's all negative. Please help me Doctor I'm very scared
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

unprotected anal sex with an HIV positive man has a 5 in 1000 chance for you to contract HIV

the statistics are here

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5402a1.htm#tab1

all of your HIV tests have been negative.

you need a skin biopsy to know what that is.

it doesn't look associated with HIV.

all of your test have been HIV negative.

you don't have HIV

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. David ! This has really caused me a great deal of emotional stress. I have two daughters and I'm ready to return back in having a normal life with them without thinking of HIV . It's seems like HIV is constantly the only thing I'm thinking of since that exposure. I remember not sleeping for two weeks and losing over thirty pounds in one month. I don't ever want to go trough something like this again. My biggest fear was delayed seroconversion and underlying factors that could possibly delay my test. I want to express my every feelings to you about this, because tonight I want to put this behind me with 200% confidence.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are having severe anxiety over this.

all of your HIV tests have come back negative.

there is no delayed seroconversion after 6 months.

your tests are conclusive

you don't have HIV

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor one question I forgot to ask . What does index value less than 1.0 reference range 1.0 signal to negative cut off mean?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

those are testing levels

non-reactive means your HIV test was negative.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor I have weard sores on the bottom of my feet and rash in hand . I'm totally freaked out now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
image.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this looks HIV related ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, those are not HIV related.

your HIV tests were HIV negative.