DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Practice Director
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I had relation and was protected as i used condoms 75 days

Customer Question

Hi Doctor, i had sexual relation and was protected as i used condoms 75 days ago , i was very worried of HIv , i did Hiv test on 31 days was negative , as will i did HIV 1&2 test at 42 days result was negative and lately at 68 days i visited doctor and had HIV 1&2 & p24 result was negative, my doctor said that ni need to worried ant more and should for get about .but still can't stop my self thinking about HIV and am very worried , my question is .
1, my test at 68days HIV 1&2 & p24 which was negative us enough to stop thinking about abd shall i trust thus result.
2. Do i need to check after a time as some websites saying need to be tested at 3months or 12 weeks , and others saying 8weeks am very confused.
3. I cant live my life normal and stop thinking about HIV while all my blood test. Was negative as i mentioned above.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You are not at risk here.

YOu have done enough testing.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does thus required to test again at 3 months or what i did was enough and i should trust my result as negative
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

You used condoms.

I would think you can trust your testing.

However, that is for YOU and YOUR DOCTOR to decide.

Good luck

please click a positive rating