DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Practice Director
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I'm curious about a possible V risk. Last week, I was at a

Customer Question

I'm curious about a possible HIV risk. Last week, I was at a strip club and had a lap dance. At one point, the dancer put her fingers into her vagina and briefly into my mouth. If she was HIV positive, is it highly likely she could have transmitted the virus to me in this way?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

No

It is not likely at all.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Would you say a test is necessary just to be certain, or is it pretty much nil that transmission could occur this way?
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

All sexually active adults should be tested once a year regardless.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I do not do live phone calls.

You should have an HIV test, but your risk here from this description is much less than 1/10 of 1%

But not zero.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the early detection RNA test approved by the FDA accurate at 14 days post possible exposure, or should I wait longer?
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

No

That is not an approved screening.

ELISA at 3 months is the gold standard.

An RNA test is accurate at 21 days.

, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.