Dr. David, Other
Experience:  Experienced physician
41363181

I'm afraid I have V, i have had oral sex with a sex worker

Customer Question

Hello dr,
I'm afraid I have HIV, i have had oral sex with a sex worker last year in september, since then I have had more than 50 HIV test, including 2 Western Blot and 8 HIV PCR tests, at list than 50 antibody test, and p24 alone twice. At 9,5 month one hiv antibody test came indetermend they have send the blood ro an more sofisticated lab and came negative, after this,one week later, I have had 5 hiv antibody test, 1 western blot and 1 PCR test and came negative. Last test of antibody done was last week and came negative. Above that I have had 3 PCR test for each HEP B and C, last antibody for HEP C virus today.... Symtomps of HIV persist all day long for more than 10 months and I have had in the last 3 months an infection with enterococus facalis with is not going Away... Today I have had low % of neutrophils 43.5 % and the lowest limit is at 45% as well as low count of thrombocits 142 and the lowest limit is 145... I have a wite coated tongue, a red and bumpy penis, I have been diagnosed with candida albicis, esophagitis ripe A Los Angeles.... I don't know what should I do next.... Please advice
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

all of your HIV testing is negative.

we don't rely on HIV symptoms. these are much too unreliable.

you don't have HIV.

your blood work does not mean you have HIV. those can be all normal.

your symptoms don't point to HIV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand but what are they sign of???
This is what is really killing me for almost 11 months... Everybody is saying relaxare is not HIV, but nobody is really wotlrking with ne to Find put what the hell is going on with me, I have bene send from a doctor to another, visted mire than 25 doctors and they are passing from one to the other... Please help I think I'm going nuts....
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

they are not a sign of anything in particular

just having a white tongue doesn't mean thrush, thrush can be scraped off with a tongue depressor.

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? and worry symptoms? you might need treatment to help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been taking medicines for anxiety as well but the symtomps got wors, starting havering a lot of sweeting day and night...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you need to have your thyroid hormone levels checked. high thyroid hormone levels can cause sweating.

summer time can cause sweating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done those as well and the doctor said is ok... Besaid those in the same period I have done Iron levels wich were a little bit higher than normal count.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like you might need more treatment for your anxiety symptoms if your prior treatment was not working. are you still taking them or you stopped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dearr, I have low % of neutrophils and low count of thrombocytes .... It can't be from anxiety... It somplly can not be from there....
What do you sugest?
- to test more for HIV?
- to test for leukemia?
- to test for other disses?
The thing is that I'm feeling extremely bad... I can really make the difference between anxiety and other condition...
I really need on expert advice ...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am a cancer doctor.

there are many different types of white blood cells: neutrophils, macrophages, monocytes, lymphocytes, basophils, eosinophils, etc.

your bone marrows makes each as needed to help your immune system keep you healthy.

if you don't have an infection, you don't need to make as many neutrophils and lymphocytes.

if your WBC count is normal, then you are not immunocompromosed.

low neutrophils and low lymphocytes are not a sign of HIV

what is your total WBC count?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Leukocits 6.35 / 4-10 ; Eritrocits 5.01 / 4.3 - 5.7 ; hemoglobin 15.7 / 13.2 - 17,3 ;hematrocits 43.7 % / 39- 49 %; VEM 87.2 / 80 - 99 ; HEM 31,3 / 27 -34 ; HB/eritrocits 35,9 / 32 -37; the enlargement of eritrocits distribution 12,9 % / 11.6 - 14,8; no of trombocits 142 / 145 - 450; medium trombocits volume 10.4 / 7.4 - 13; the enlargement of trombocits distribution 12.8 / 8 - 16,5, neutrophils 43,5 % / 45 - 80%; Neutrophils 2.77 / 2 - 8; lymphocits 43,8 / 20 - 55; limphocits 2.78 / 1-4; monocits 10,6 % / <15%; monocits 0,67 / 0,3-1; Ezinophil 0,1 / 0.01-0.7; Bazophils 0,5% / <2; Bazophils 0,03 / < 0,2
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

thanks for that.

I don't see signs of problems or HIV

neutrophils are not significantly low at 43.5

lymphocytes are normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm taking some antibiotics for enterococus faecalis do the antiboiotics create some differences in the blood count... On every site that I'm reading about low neutrophils count they are saying that it is a sign of infection....And dr David I have the following symtomps:Not that I know of... But the symtomps at this point are:Eaching and burning, like really burning skinHeadecs Felling exhausted Extremely thirsty all the timeCandida on the tongueEnterococus faecalis A read head of the penis with some bumps on itFoliculits on the legs - few bumpsPain in the mouth and gingivitis Lost of memory and concentrationI'm flying all day long...Pain under arms
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

If you have an infection, your white blood count and your neutrophils will be elevated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok dr, but you really think those symtomps are only due to anxiety ? All those above? Seriously? What other condition do you think it can make all of those symtomps? Do you think that Beechet Disses or Gastrointestinal TB can cause those symtomps? Can GI TB be discovered in the body with Quantiferon Gold TB test? I really knew my self before I'm not me anymore...
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you have mentioned sweating at night time, white coated tongue, red and bumpy penis, esophagitis

you don't have HIV.

all of your symptoms don't point to one diagnosis.

I can see your tongue or your red and bumpy penis.

some white tongue is completely normal

most esophagitis is due to acid reflux

anxiety can cause chest pain and chest pressure symptoms

anxiety can cause your stomach to produce more stomach acid

you can keep getting HIV tests, they will continue to be negative.