DrRussMD, MD
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

This is doctor only. Dr I got an v rapid test 4th Generation

Customer Question

this is for this doctor only.
Dr I got an Hiv rapid test 4th Generation last week and it was negative my question to you is if i was infected before 2009 would this test show positive I did not have any thing to do with any one for the last 5 years no sex no blood contact or nothing thank you
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes
If it is negative [I am assuming this was ordered by your doctor] then you are negative.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no this was not orderd by my doctor I have decided to test for every thing for peace of mind . i got a mamgram nice and normal. I got all std negative yeast cultures all negative . also got blood test normal i just wanted to do it for myself.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I would not relay on any home test.
The gold standard to rule out HIV is the ELISA antibody test.
Most home tests are not approved for screening.
If it was a lab test, probably you are fine.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it was not a home test it was at the health department in my state at the county . it is an std clinic

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Then no problem
You are in the clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you know about the alere combo test that health department test with and the hospitals test with in the emergency room . that is the one