Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Bought new shoes i put on my shoes without sacks and while

Customer Question

bought new shoes
i put on my shoes without sacks and while walking i notice the shoe grazed my skin on my foot and the area on my foot became red no bleeding any hiv hep b,c risk since other customers probably were trying the shoe so they came in contact in an area were my foot was grazed any risk hiv hep b,c
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

No this is not a known mode of transmission for HIV or hepatitis.

The reason is due to the short period of contact and the blood even if leaked from foot sores does not remain fresh and the amount is very small to even notice in naked eyes.

So, this is not a problem.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks doc something also happened today
my open cut came in contact to a metal bar on a train in the subway station there are thousands of people holding on to this bar any hiv hbv hcv risk
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

No that is also not a problem.

No transmission will occur in that manner.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks doc just one more question I must ask you if I get in contact with broken glass that is contaminated with hiv hbv hcv and the broken glass grazed my skin and I got an abrasion and the skin turn red however no brake on my skin so no bleeding accrued so am I will be risk free from hiv hcv hbv or not ?? thanks doc
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

That is also a very remote risk type situation.

Practically no transmission is possible this way given that not enough virus will be present to cause infection.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks doc so if I get abrasion from a broken glass and my skin turn red however no cuts or broken skin I am risk free?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Yes you are still risk free.

Best wishes