TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Infectious Diseases physician with many years experience treating a broad range of infectious diseases.
13956133

This is Aids Doctor . I have been on antibiotic on

Customer Question

This is for Hiv Aids Doctor . I have been on antibiotic on and off for several months got a yeast infection in my my mouth doctor gave me nystain is that aids
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  TheBugDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Do you have HIV infection? If so what is your CD4 count?
If not, have you been tested?
Or is this just a post antibiotic yeast infection and you are asking in general if this means something about your immune system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not know i have not not had any sex for eight i am asking in general

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am asking in general could this be aids

OK I see
Well a yeast infection, or thrush, certainly can occur in people without AIDS- the biggest risk factors then are people on antibiotics, people on steroids and uncontrolled diabetes. In your case, the antibiotics can certainly be the explanation
As a general recommendation I do advise people at risk to be tested for HIV- but that is separate from your yeast infection. We have a good explanation for that already- It would still be advisable to be tested if you have not been tested since you last had sexual activity ( or any other blood/ fluid exposure risk)
I hope that helps. Please rate my reply if your question has been asnwered
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you still there

yes- I was just answering- and the system deleted my answer the first time for some reason so I had to repeat it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr if I had Hiv or aids and my last time i had any thing to do with any one was 2008 . would i get my first symptems now and will my cbc be normal please answer me I woke up this morning with a burning mouth and thrush i have been taking antibiotic on and off for the last 2 month up to this morning my mouth is sore and burning and I am scared to death

The most likely explanation is it is due to the antibiotic, as I explained above
But i you are asking if you could have contacted the HIv virus before 2008 and develop thrush 7 years later- sure you could. The average lag from infection to AIDS is generally between 5-10 years after infection in people who are not diagnosed. Most will show low white blood cells on their CBC, but I am not sure what you mean by your CBC was "normal" ( lymphocytes, total WBC etc).
Bot***** *****ne is you likely have thrush from antibiotics- but it still is a good idea to be tested for HIV
I hope that helps. P Lease rate my reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my last CBC was wbc 4.16

That did not answer my question- regarding the lymphocytes or other differentialYou may or may not have a normal CBC- I just cannot tell based on incomplete information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what part of my test would you like me to tell you please help me I am freaking out and scared

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you still there helping me

The entire differential. The break down on the cell sub-types.Before you "freak out" please re-read my replies again carefully. I have written multiple times this is most likely from the antibiotics. But could you have HIV? sure you could. Not very likely if you have not had major risks, but it is possible, if you have not been tested to rule out HIV. 8 years since having sex does not rule it out.The only way to know if you have or do no have HIV is by being tested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that number on the cbc said 41% that lymphocytes

OK That is fineStill doesn't change a single thing I posted above one way or another
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not understand . and i am asking you to help me please . tell me . what part of that cbc do you want me to write thank you

You provided the CBC and the lymphocyte count. That is fineA CBC is not a diagnostic test for HIV- only an HIV test is.I have helped you and answered your questions. I have been very patient because I understand you are scared. I have written multiple times the most likely explanation is this is nothing related to HIV and from your antibiotics. but the only way to know for sure is to be tested as HIV can indeed cause thrush as well.I would again advise you to please carefully read through my responses above.I think you will find that I have answered your question
I do hope that helps
and if you have received the answer to your question, I would ask that you provide a rating for the answer, based on the time and effort and expertise I have provided for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not think you helped me and you are so mean to me please try to understand

I have reviewed your many other posts, including many that have been closed by the moderator.
I will now opt out of helping you further
You have been given your answers and I would recommend you carefully read the replies
Good luck